Selection emphasis has been placed on breeding for a high performance terminal sire with high survival, growth rate and increased meat yield via eye muscle area scanning.
- Est. 1992.
- Survival, growth, and meat all recorded on SIL and stud fax.
- High survival and easy lambing – lambs have plenty of ‘get up and go’.
- Unmatched growth rates, lambs grow up to 450 grams per day.
- Continual rapid genetic progress in the eye muscle area, via scanning to increase saleable meat yields.
- Retaining 100% hybrid vigour, the Pahiwi Suffolk also provides easy identification with dark faced lambs.
- Suffolk x lambs often command a premium if sold store due to the uniform dark faces and meaty composition.
- Sires have been DNA tested for Footrot resistance since 2006, we have made great progress here.
- Members of Suffolk NZ, rams are also linked with the Premier Suftex group.
- Pahiwi sires and linked sires feature strongly in the central progeny test and SIL ACE.
- Pahiwi Suffolk rams are used as a terminal sire over all ewe age groups successfully including hogget’s.