Selection emphasis has been placed on breeding for hardy terminal sires with high survival, growth rate and increased meat yeilds through use of EMA scanning and DNA testing sires for T+ muscling.
- Survival, growth and meat all recorded on SIL and Studfax.
- A high survival terminal, lambs are quick onto their feet and bond well with ewes.
- Growth rates similar to the Pahiwi Suffolk.
- Lambs sired by Pahiwi Suftex rams can be drafted to lower live weights and still maintain high carcass weight due to the extra yield advantage of the Texel combined with over 15 years of muscle scanning in the Suffolk program.
- Texel sires used in the flock have a double copy of the Mycostatin gene, we now have Suftex rams carrying double copies of this unique gene which has been proven to increase meat yields. All sale rams carry at least one copy of the T+ muscling gene.
- Vigorous meaty sires also ideal for hogget mating.
- Sires are DNA tested for Footrot resistance and T+ muscling through the Lincoln gene marker lab.
- Members of the Premier Suftex group, a large progressive group of breeders utilising genetic linkages, across flock analysis, with an eye for the future. Eg; involvement in meat quality DNA testing. Rams and ram hoggets from the group are anually entered in a number of Central Progeny Test sites across the country.